Friday, July 18, 2014

Faith, Trust and Baby Dust!

Yes I watched Tinkerbell with K not long before we came down to San Diego. My girl love her fairies! 

Today was one of the greatest, most emotional days of my life. As we pulled into the hospital, I felt my stomach drop and in came a bazillion butterflies. I packed, flew and got ready for the appointment with no butterflies in my somach, but when I pulled in to that parking lot, it just hit me - I'm going to be pregnant again. I'm going to get a belly and crave weird foods and cry during Johnson & Johnson commercials. We walked up to the doctor's office and right as we opened the door, my intended mother was right there. Right in front of my face with her arms wide open ready to greet us with a box full of pear cupcakes. Hugging her felt so right. Like a best friend or cousin who I've known for years and we finally get to see each other after being apart for so long. It immidiately made my butterflies vanish and made me feel ready for this transfer. They brought their little one. SUCH a beautiful, sweet child that little one is. So happy and full of life. That baby deserves a brother or sister. 

I was taken to a room, went over paperwork and settled in to the bed I'd spend my next 45 minutes in. I don't think anyone can understand how amazing the staff is here. They answered any questions I had before I even asked. They were SO thourough with the procedure, it was just so comfortable. 

The doctor came in and gave us a picture of what the embryos look like. Yes, embryos - 2 to be exact. We reviewed how the procedure was done and got ready for two girls to be placed. I layed back, popped a Valium and talked amoungst my very excited set of intended parents and sibiling. We chatted about little boys versus little girls, about how my husband has trained my 4 year old to train my 1 year old to do things around the house like throw the trash away and put toys away. I cannot explain how happy and full of life my intended family is. They are so easy going and ready for add on to their family. 

After the Valium kicked in, the doctor came in again and asked if I was ready. Before he could finish asking, I replied "YES!" How could I not?! This family is amazing and more than deserving of another child, hopefuly two! The procedure was no worse than the yearly pap smear. The entire time, I had my eyes glued to the ultrassound screen. The doctor told us to look for the little "flash of light" as he set those two precious girls on the top of my uterus. After the picture was printed for us to take for a keepsake, the doctor, intended father and I joined hands over these baby girls, bowed our heads and prayed for the well being and health of these babies. 

And that was it! They reclined me back and propped up my legs. The sweet intended sibling was ready for some "out of the doctor" intereaction time, so our intended family left before I was able to get up. Before the intended mother left, she came to me, held my hand and expressed her thankfulness for me and what I was doing for her. The look in her eye, that excitement and anticipation of the possibility of having two sweet baby girls in her arms in 9 months... All worth it. 

The pain from the injections, the long wait, the realization of not only going through a labor I am used to, but a labor with twins... All worth it. 

Now the wait! We will have a pregnancy test on Thursday of next week and honestly, I can't wait for that day to be here! In the mean time, I will be thinking happy thoughts, praying, eating healthy and continuing my medications to unsure these girls have the best outlook in a full term pregnancy. 

I would like to take a second and say thank you to anyone and everyone who has followed my story, shared my story, encouraged me, prayed for us or thought of us. It means the world to me that I have such a great group of moms behind me in this journey. SO happy, that I feel like a giveaway is in oder. I don't know what, when or how, but with you amazing moms on my side praying and thinking for us, I honestly think these girls, my family and my intended family will have an even better outlook on this journey. From supporting comments to prayers, it all helps and I'm thankful for it all.

Again, thank you for following me on my journey and I hope you enjoy the posts! Talk to you all soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment