Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ouch.

Shots. 

We all know I don't like them, right? Well I got over that and now I'm fine with getting them. I'm no longer giving them to myself, my husband does it for me. And contrary to what you might believe, he does a pretty good job! 

Apparently, I skimmed over and didn't read the part where you should avoid sitting or laying down for 5-10 after recieving these little needles of love. My routine was - get the shot, go to bed. 

Well my freaking butt hurts more now than it does while getting the damn shot and quick frankly, between that and my kids driving me up a wall, I am miserable. 

"Well you signed up for this." 

"Get used to it mama!" 

Yeah don't give me that. I just want to lay here, vent and get advice from you super mommas who have gone through it before. 

My new routine is - shot, walk around with a heating buddy on injection site, watch Chopped, take a warm shower and let the water fall onto my luscious bruised up bum. 

Any other tips? I'd love any recommendations or suggestions! 

In other news, tomorrow is the last full day with my babies. Like I said, they have been driving me NUTS the last couple of days (probably because I haven't taken them out in this scortching got weather). I haven't ever been away from them this long! I've done one night away, but six?! I'm going to ball my eyes out on the way home from their grandmas house tomorrow. I know they're in good hands, but... Ugh. Just look at their precious little faces!  




And by the way- yes, K slept in those shoes that night. 

This post was a bit short, but I hope to get my story on Ella's pregnancy and birth out this weekend (I promise it'll be way shorter than K's) along with how the transfer went! 

Thank y'all for reading! And don't forget to leave your tips for me in the comments!! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I did IVF twice (sadly unsuccessfully) but had all the same shots and then some. If you are doing the inter muscular ones the best advice I got was from my nurse this past time. First use a nice pack for 5-10 on the area you are going to get the shot prior to Ray giving you the shot. After the shot use a sock with a tennis ball size of rice in it and heat it in the microwave. Then hold and rub it on the injection site like a heating blanket. Hope that helps a little. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete